Great Neck SEPTA (C.H.I.L.D) Invites You to Join Us!
Monday December 7th @10:30am
Saddle Rock School (Library)
We each bring to parenting our own childhood experiences and expectations of how we envisioned parenthood. However, our children are not us.Raising a special needs child brings on unanticipated challenges and stresses both between parents themselves and children.
Examples of strategies that will be discussed include:
- How to accept that your job as a parent isn’t going to make your child happy
- How to discern when your child’s behavior is a true challenge vs. unwillingness
- How to parent mindfully when what you expect may not be realistic
- How to negotiate with your child from their reality
- How not to play good cop/bad cop with your parenting partner/spouse
- How to nurture your child’s independence vs. dependence
Speaker: Adam J. Holstein, P.D., L.P.
Mr. Holstein has been involved in the field of early childhood development and education for 30 years. As an experienced psychoanalyst and behavioral consultant, he works closely with children,
families and schools to develop comprehensive, integrated and systemic programs.